Did you know, you have HUGE advertising space available for FREE?
If you have a social media account on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, or elsewhere there is a large space which you can fill with anything.
Many people add a photo and allow the platforms to auto-crop it, but if you are running any kind of business then this space is your shop window.
Did I mention, it’s FREE?
And, if you also have a Facebook page, group, or event then you have even more places to tell people what you do and how you can help them.
One of the cheapest and easiest ways to use this space is to head over to Canva and use one of the thousands of templates. Here you can add your own images and brand colours with very little effort.
The difficulty comes when you upload it. You may have a stunning image but, since these sites are viewed on multiple devices, images are cropped accordingly.
This cropping can result in “unprofessional” looking images with key information being omitted.
There are a few ways to overcome this:
- Learn about “safe zones” and include essential information within them
- Grab a template overlay that highlights the safe zones
- Keep re-editing until you get it right (time-consuming, but a learning experience)
- Use minimal text and striking images that tell people what you do
- Do a McDonalds, and use a “brand pattern”
- Take the pressure off, save yourself some time, and pay someone to get it right
Ideally, you want all your “shop windows” to complement each other. This means, they won’t necessarily all look the same, but everyone will know which shop they are looking at no matter what is on display.
Banner designs start from £67 per platform
If you are interested in getting a brand pattern, or have any other enquiries, contact me here.